There are certain tools and techniques that can help you open up your psychic abilities. Crystals are one of them and there are particular crystals that are recommended. If you understand how crystals work, then you can start to incorporate them quite easily into your psychic development.
In order to effectively use a crystal in your psychic development, it’s a good idea to learn how to clear or cleanse the energies of your crystal, and charge it, and then program it. Whether you are working with your third eye for opening up your clairvoyance, or your throat chakra to open up your clairaudience, it helps to know which ones are suited for these psychic purposes. Let’s start by discussing how to choose the right one for you.
Some people say the crystal chooses you! If you have the opportunity to go to a gem and mineral store or show, or a new age store that carries crystals, then you can see which particular one resonates best with your energy. That’s the best way to choose crystals for psychic development.
If the store has a bin of crystals, take your time going through and pick out a few that seems to draw you, that you like the shape or colour of. The size of the crystal doesn’t really matter. I have some powerful little crystals that have helped me in my psychic development and also energy healing. I also have some larger ones that work just as well.
Take the crystals you have chosen and then lay them out. Pass your hand over them and see if there are any that you feel the energy more clearly. You may feel the energy as heat or buzzing. Or maybe even as a magnetic pull of sorts. Choose the one that draws you the most.
When you get home, you’ll need to clear your crystals. This is because crystals are natural energy absorbers. They tend to pick up energy from the environment and people’s auras. Here are some easy ways to do this.
- bury it in sea salt for 24 hours (make sure you throw out the salt afterward)
- run it under water for a few minutes (some crystals are soft and porous and this is not the best for them)
- hold it in the smoke of incense or white sage (smudge) until it feels clear
- place it in sunlight or moonlight for a few hours
- use a singing bowl or tingshas or another clear bell sound
Another way of clearing your crystals (and jewellery and other objects) is to use copper rings. I have a small copper ring that I place my jewellery and crystals in. For some reason, it clears them.
After your crystal has been cleared, you can charge it by leaving it in the sunlight or moonlight. Charging it just means you are infusing it with energy.
Now it’s time to program it. Holding your crystal in between your hands just like you are praying, take a breath in, hold your intention and then gently blow your intention into the crystal. Your intention could be to increase your psychic powers, open your third eye, or remove energy blocks.
Take your crystal and either lay down with it on your body, keep it in a pocket with you throughout the day, or under your pillow when you sleep. You can also take it and do small circles just above the chakra or area you are working on.
Here is a list of crystals you can use for specific psychic purposes:
- clear crystal quartz – any area – a powerful all purpose crystal, for psychic development it’s well suited to work the crown chakra but works very well over any chakra
- amethyst – this one is best known to open your clairvoyance (psychic seeing) – this is linked to your third eye chakra
- lapis lazuli – this helps to open your throat chakra and stimulates your psychic hearing (clairaudience)
One of my favourites to use is a kynite wand. It’s a thin, long piece of kynite that I use over any chakra. For me, it really resonates. Have any others to suggest? Let me know!