Ever wonder why some relationships are so hard to let go? These people may have been out of your life for years but you still carry the emotional baggage. Or, it may be a relationship you want to keep, but would like to change the dynamic and how it affects you emotionally.
One thing that may help is to start cutting etheric cords. What are etheric cords and how do they form? How can you cut energy cords? And how can cutting etheric cords help change how you feel about the relationship?
Whenever we have a relationship with someone – friends, lovers, or family – there is a cord of energy that forms between us because of our emotions. Both healthy and unhealthy relationships form etheric cords. In unhealthy relationship dynamics, the other person may unconsciously deplete your energy (feed off you like a psychic vampire), have ill feelings toward you, or there may be a power imbalance between the two of you.
It is important to note that on some level you have given permission for this person to attach to you. Sometimes, it’s you that attaches to the other person. In either case, learning to start cutting etheric cords can help you to let go of emotions.
Before I became a full-time psychic and medium, I used to work in the non-clinical side of a hospital. We hired a woman who was on contract. From the beginning, this woman was very frustrating and horrible to work with. No matter how hard I tried, she just got under my skin. So one day I decided that I would do a etheric cord cutting meditation.
At first when I visualized the cord being cut, it would reattach. I had to cut it several times until it would stay severed. When I finally did this, I saw her image turn away from me. But what was most interesting to me was what happened.
I noticed I did not have the same emotional reaction to her cutting etheric cords. I had a little bit more detachment. Then, within a couple of days, she announced that she was leaving her position!
I have used this technique with people who were no longer in my life but with whom I was having trouble letting go. I have done this with people who are still currently in my life. Just because you cut the cord, does not mean that the relationship ends. That is up to you. It means that you are not allowing the old energy dynamic to continue.
The other person may feel a difference but not be able to put their finger on it. Sometimes, they will look for another person to “feed” off. Cutting the etheric cord gives you an opportunity to have boundaries and to create a new type of energetic dynamic.
So here’s how to start cutting etheric cords.
1. Find a comfortable place, relax, and close your eyes. In your mind’s eye, imagine the person standing across from you.
2. Next we are going to look all around your aura to see if there are any cords that are coming from you and going to this person. You may find that they attached directly to your body.
3. Now you’re going to imagine yourself cutting this cord. You can do this by using an imaginary pair of golden scissors, an angelic sword, or anything that you feel will do the job.
4. Imagine a bucket of white light, or a small opening that goes into white light energy. Take the end of their cord and put it into this light so that now they pull from source and not from your energy.
5. Take the end of your cord and pull it out of your body. When you let it go, it dissolves.
6. Now look at yourself where you pulled this cord out of and see if there is any healing in that area that needs to be done. Sometimes you may see a hole or some other damage there. If healing needs to be done, use your mind and visualize being completely healed.
7. Then let all the images fade from your mind’s eye.
That’s the entire sequence. You may need to do the cord cutting not only several times in one visualization, but several days in a row.
Note that no matter how many times you cut these etheric cords, if you are not ready to let go of this person emotionally or if you are okay on some level with them using your energy, the cords will reattach.
Cord cutting is one step of helping yourself to let go of relationships that no longer serve you or to change the dynamic of the energy of a relationship that you would like to keep in your life.