Stress and fear can cloud your intuition and cause a host of other emotional and physical problems. I want to share with you 10 Common Sense Principles for Reducing Stress in Your Life. This is a list that was given to me by an investigator who was in the midst of a horrific murder investigation.
He shared with me how he would sit in his car in his driveway and make sure that he cleared all the negativity from himself from the day so he didn’t bring the energy of the case into his home where his family was waiting for him.
I’d like to thank R.D. O’Brien for sharing these with me all these years ago. I hope it helps you as it has me.
Ten Common Sense Principles for Reducing Stress in our Lives
(95% of the Stress in your life is Self Induced)
- Do not exaggerate the negative in your life
- Do not replay bad experiences over and over again
- Choose to function with a positive attitude whenever possible
- Learn to break out of your reactive modes
- Be aware of the quality of your self talk
- Learn to create positive images in your mind when you face new challenges
- Learn to let things go
- Accept the things you cannot change
- Take ownership of your day before you leave the house
- Never lose your sense of humour
As I take good care of others around me, I must also take good care of myself.